How to make a bruised toenail go awayHow to get rid of a bruised toenail fast? If the bruising is mild, it can be remedied right in the comfort of home using natural remedies. To get rid of bruised toenail fast, you should do the following: Cold compress – It helps alleviate pain and swelling. Put ice cubes in.
How To Make A Bruised Toenail Go Away – Related Questions
How To Make A Bruised Toenail Go Away
- Relieve the pain and swelling on toes with cold compress treatment.
- Trim your toenail evenly and flat across the toes (cut them flat and not round).
- Take OTC anti-inflammatory medicines like acetaminophen to reduce swelling and pain; aspirin is not recommended.
- Soak the bruised toenails in warm water treated with sea salt for 5 minutes; repeat it 3 times a day.
- In case of bleeding from the toenail, keep the affected toenail (foot) elevated to reduce the blood flow to the affected area.
- Apply topical antibacterial cream or lotion on the affected toe and keep it bandaged in a gauze sponge.
How Do I Save A Bruised Toenail?
Some of the ways that you can treat a bruised toenail can include: When there is little to no pain the best treatment is to not engage in any activities that could cause risk of further injury. If it is possible cut the toenail as short as you can without hurting yourself and then soak it in warm salt water to help ease the pain. … For the swelling and pain take over-the-counter pain relievers. More items…
What Is The Treatment For A Bruised Toenail?
Ice packs work wonders for the bruised toenail. The cold temperature heals the inflammation and reduces the bruise. You can do this every two hours for about 10 minutes. It also reduces throbbing pain.
What Causes A Bruise Under Toenail?
Bruised Toenail Causes Trauma. This is a very common cause and can be from physical activities like playing soccer, downhill running, running, following a very rigorous exercise program you do every day, etc. Injury. This is also another common cause of having a bruised toenail. … Footwear that does not fit right. This can include footwear that is too big or too small. …
When To Seek Treatment For Toenail Trauma?
If there is blunt trauma to the toenail. For example, if a heavy object has been dropped on the toe, it is best to seek treatment to rule out a fracture and treat any wound beneath the nail bed. If toenail trauma leads to severe swelling, pain, or redness of the toe.