- 1 Lots Of Bruising On My Legs – Related Questions
- 1.1 Lots Of Bruising On My Legs
- 1.2 What Causes A Bruise On The Leg?
- 1.3 What Causes Bruising On Legs?
- 1.4 What Would Cause A Bruise Without Injury?
- 1.5 What Are The Most Common Causes Of Excessive Bruising?
- 1.6 How Do You Treat A Bruised Leg?
- 1.7 When To Be Concerned About A Bruise?
- 1.8 How Long Should A Bruise Last?
- 1.9 What Can Cause Spontaneous Bruising On Your Legs?
- 1.10 What Causes Red Bruises On Arms And Legs?
- 1.11 What Causes Bruising Without Injury?
- 1.12 Is A Bruise Still Considered An Injury?
- 1.13 What Causes Bruises On Legs That Will Not Heal?
- 2 Related Searches For Lots Of Bruising On My Legs
- 2.1 Bruising On Thigh
- 2.2 Leg Bruise
- 2.3 Blood Bruises On Forearms
- 2.4 Upper Leg Bruises
- 2.5 Treatment For Bruising On Leg
- 2.6 Large Bruise On Leg
- 2.7 Small Bruises On Arms
- 2.8 Bruise On My Leg
- 2.9 Leukemia Bruising On Legs
- 2.10 Bruised Leg
- 2.11 Bruises On Lower Back
- 2.12 Swollen Bruise On Leg
- 2.13 Bad Bruise On Leg
- 2.14 What Causes Bruising On Legs
- 2.15 Random Bruising On Legs
- 2.16 Lupus Bruises
- 2.17 Bruising On Legs Without Injury
- 2.18 Severe Bruise On Leg
- 2.19 Bruises On Dark Skin
- 2.20 Lower Leg Bruising And Swelling
Lots Of Bruising On My Legs – Related Questions
Lots Of Bruising On My Legs
Causes Of Unexplained Bruising On Legs
- Aging – Bruises known as actinic purpura are found at the back of the arms and hands in older people. It happens when…
- Thrombophilia – Thrombotic thrombocytopenia purpura and idiopathic thrombocytopenia purpura are bleeding disorders that…
- Medication – Consumption of medications such as ibuprofen, warfarin, aspirin,…
What Causes A Bruise On The Leg?
Aging. Your skin and tissue of your limbs become thinner and less flexible as you age ( 1 ). Due to this, a minor injury can easily damage the skin, leading to excessive bruising of the arms and legs. Also, longtime sun exposure makes blood vessels particularly vulnerable to rupturing causing bruising…
What Causes Bruising On Legs?
Other causes of unexplained bruising on the legs include vitamin deficiency, leukemia, or an auto-immune disorder. Bruises caused by an auto-immune disorder, such as lupus, are usually raised and firm to the touch.
What Would Cause A Bruise Without Injury?
Bruising without an injury can be a sign of diseases of the kidney, liver and blood such as hemophilia, leukemia, Hodgkin’s disease, multiple myeloma, scurvy and thrombocytopenia.
What Are The Most Common Causes Of Excessive Bruising?
To find the cause of your bruising, your doctor might check your blood platelet levels or do tests that measure the time it takes your blood to clot. Other serious causes of bruising include domestic violence or abuse.
How Do You Treat A Bruised Leg?
Although there is not a bruise cure, treatment can reduce pain and swelling. One of the first things that can be done to treat a bruise on the leg is applying ice. The ice should be applied to a bruise on and off for the first 24 hours to reduce swelling and leg pain.
When To Be Concerned About A Bruise?
A person should seek medical attention any time they have the following symptoms or issues associated with bruising: a suspected broken bone. loss of function of a joint, limb or muscle. increasing pain. an area is affected by a bruise that returns. there is no identifiable cause of the bruising.
How Long Should A Bruise Last?
Although based on the above factors, the length of time elapsed by bruises before fully healed may be various, in general bruises will last for approximately 2 to 14 days, depending mostly on the injuries.
What Can Cause Spontaneous Bruising On Your Legs?
Random or unexplained bruising on legs can happen for a number of reasons. For example, being in the sun too long, aging, or a vitamin deficiency can weaken small blood vessels near the skin’s surface. This can result in bruising easily on your legs or other areas of your body.
What Causes Red Bruises On Arms And Legs?
Graves’ Disease . This overstimulates the thyroid gland, causing the body to burn calories more quickly than it should, leading to excessive weight loss. An overactive metabolism can cause the capillaries below the skin to become damaged, leading to red or unexplained bruising on legs and other areas.
What Causes Bruising Without Injury?
Bruises without injuries can be caused by thinning of the skin which could be caused by a number of factors. Some medication when taken for too long could lead to bruising without injuries. Aspirin is one such drug. It leads to coagulation changes which then lead to spontaneous hematoma.
Is A Bruise Still Considered An Injury?
A bruise is a traumatic injury of the soft tissues that results in breakage of the local capillaries and leakage of red blood cells. In the skin, bruising can be seen as a reddish-purple discoloration that does not blanch when pressed upon. This discoloration leads to the classic "black and blue" appearance.
What Causes Bruises On Legs That Will Not Heal?
If you have petechiae or bruising on the legs or calves that won’t heal, it could be due to a shortage of platelets . Some conditions that can cause this are: Certain medications can also affect platelet counts, such as: